There are many, many reasons why Patterson makes OKC better. I’ll be naming the top reasons in no specific order.
1. He stretches the floor at the 4/5 like no one else on the roster who is an actual big man (6’9 230) that can actually rebound and play defense.
2. He may start over kanter due to his shooting prowess (.401fg%, .372 3%) while averaging 4.5 RPG on 24.6 mpg.
3. He makes this team much more versatile in lineups because he can run 3/4 and 5 in small ball situations.
4. Finally the inside/outside guy they need off the bench to help everyone when the reigning MVP is off the court.
5. Lastly, but certainly not least he was a bargain due to the cap space and I think they may also sign Rudy Gay if they can trade a piece.
Sports writer and analyst. Currently with the-sportstalk.com as the Oklahoma City Thunder writer. Also with LionLowdown.com as a writer.